With a team of committed and highly skilled teachers, Wedge Park Primary School fosters a community of life-long learners. We strive to develop articulate, socially responsible and resilient individuals who are working towards achieving their full potential. We see our central purpose as giving students a comprehensive education enabling all students to become literate, numerate and curious learners who have the capacity to contribute to society now and in the future as global citizens.
Our school values (Responsible, Respectful, Learners) describe the guiding principles and beliefs of the school community, and are designed to underpin all that we do. These values will assist the school to provide an environment where our children can be happy, safe, expressive, creative and engaged in learning. We expect staff, students and parents to model these values in all interactions.
We are Respectful
We are Responsible
We are Learners
As a school community, we create an environment where every student matters and every moment counts.
We aim to:
- Ensure high quality teaching through professional learning, feedback, teamwork, collegiate support and communication.
- Respect and develop the unique and individual strengths, talents and needs of every child through fostering a positive growth mindset.
- Develop every students Literacy, Numeracy and 21st century skills to enable students to be successful in a changing world.
- Promote a positive working and learning environment where contributions are recognised and celebrated.
- Welcome community involvement through an open, supportive and consultative environment where contributions are valued.
- Create an environment where everyone is encouraged to strive for excellence in an atmosphere of confidence, safety, enjoyment and active participation.
- Challenge students to grow academically, socially, emotionally, physically and creatively to their full potential whilst demonstrating the core values of the school: Responsible, Respectful, Learners
Every student matters, every moment counts
To enrol in Wedge Park Primary School your child must turn 5 years old by April 30th in the year they begin school. To enrol, you will need:
- Proof of your child’s identity, such as birth certificate.
- An immunisation certificate.
- Proof of residency.
- If your child was born overseas, proof of your Visa status or citizenship.
Enrolment forms are available from the Administration office.
DET Placement Policy,
Purpose of this policy
To ensure students have access to neighbourhood schools and the freedom to choose other schools subject to facility limitations.
Our School Zone
Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Information on this site is updated in Term 1 each year, ready for the Year 6 to 7 transition period.
To visit the site, see: www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email email@example.com
School tours dates are below; with all tours beginning at the Main Office.
Tours take approximately 30 minutes and children are welcome to come along.
Tour Dates for 2019
Friday 9th August, 10:00am
Wednesday 21st August, 4:45pm
Friday 30th August, 10:00am
Our Prep Transition Program begins in November, with all enrolled students and their parents invited to a series of four sessions over Term 4. For students, this assists them in establishing relationships and becoming familiar with the teachers and school environment. Through concurrently run Parent Education Sessions, parents develop a comprehensive understanding of many aspects of school-life.
Session 1: Friday 15th November, 9:45am – 11:00am
Session 2: Friday 22nd November, 9:45am – 11:00am
Session 3: Friday 29th November, 9:45am – 11:00am
Session 4: Tuesday 10th December, Orientation Day 9:30am – 11:00am
Reports, Plans & Policies
We are very proud of the facilities at Wedge Park Primary School. Features include:
- 39 fully furnished classrooms
- Full sized Basketball Court Gymnasium
- Synthetic Grass playing surfaces
- Multi-purpose court (tennis, netball and basketball)
- Shaded play areas
- Three adventure playgrounds (one for P – Year 3 and one for Year 3-4 and one for Year 5 -6)
- Canteen facilities
- Expansive Library and Resource Centre
- Music Room
- Science Room
- 2 x Art Rooms
- Digital Technology Learning Spaces
- Chicken Coop & Vegetable Gardens
- Conference / Board Rooms
In addition, the school is well resourced in the area of Technology. Each class has access to the internet via our Cisco Wireless System, LED TV’s, Apple TV and iPads.
Outside Hours School Care Building is located in the school grounds with programs and supervision facilitated by OSH Club.
We have a restructured leadership team for 2020, and their names and roles are defined below:
Paul leads and manages the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students through the strategic deployment of resources provided by the department and school community.
Deputy Principal: Director of Learning and Teaching
Sara leads and manages the teaching and learning programs at Wedge Park. She works closely with the sub- school assistant principals, school teaching and learning coaches and classroom teachers to support student learning.
Assistant Principal Prep-3
Melissa oversees teaching, learning, studenent egagement and wellbeing for students in years Prep to 3. She works closely with the sub-school teaching and learning coaches and professional learning team leaders.
Assistant Principal 4-6 & Specialist
Jennifer oversees teaching, learning, student engagement and wellbeing for students in years 4-6. She works closely with the sub-school teaching and learning coaches and professional learning team leaders.
Teaching & Learning Coaches
At Wedge Park, we have 5 Teaching and Learning Coaches who oversee year levels to support students and teachers in teaching, learning, engagement and wellbeing.
Year 6 & the Arts Specialists
STEM Specialists & Digital Technologies
Each year level in the school has a Professional Learning Team Leader, who ensures the smooth running of the year level team. They also support teachers in teaching, learning, engagement and wellbeing.