Our school communication portal is the program Compass. Compass is used for:
- Booking parent/teacher interviews
- Notifications regarding daily events, activities etc.
- Payment of school fees, excursions, camps and incursions
Compass can be accessed from a website or an App downloaded from the App Store- Compass School Manager
All families will be given a log in to Compass. If you have any issues with logging in, please see the office staff.
Wedge Park Primary School is committed to supporting the safety and wellbeing of all our students and their families. The school’s official Facebook page is to be a place for the school to share information and for community members to seek updates and clarification about school events or fundraising efforts.
Woodgrove Shopping Centre
533-55 High Street, Woodgrove Shopping Centre, Melton West 3337
Phone – 97466564
Our Canteen is leased and provides a wide range of foodstuffs that meet all Healthy Food Guidelines. Lunch orders should be ordered as follows:
- On a clean, plain paper bag – write your child’s name, grade, room number and order.
- Enclose in the bag the correct money.
- Lunch orders are placed in tubs in each room. These are taken to the canteen at 9.00am.
- Or order online at https://www.flexischools.com.au/ Lunches are collected from the Canteen by the grade monitors and distributed by the teacher.
Insert canteen image
School Councillors must abide by the code of conduct and work together in the best interests of the school, including:
- Assisting the efficient governance of the school
- Ensuring the decisions made by the school council are made in the best interest of all students.
- Enhancing the educational opportunities of students
- Ensuring the school council adheres to the legal and department requirements.
What does the School Council do?
- The key functions of school council are:
- Establishing a broad direction of the school and vision of the school within the school’s community
- Approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
- Developing, reviewing or updating school policies within the school council responsibilities
- Raising funds for school related purposes
- Entering contracts such as before and after school care
- Managing the hire, licence and shared use of school facilities.
Who are our School Council members?
School Council President
Executive Officer/ Principal
DET member/ Assistant Principal
Our school greatly appreciates classroom helpers who assist positively with the implementation of the school’s programs. Classroom helpers must comply with the school’s expectations and practices.
Our school encourages the assistance of classroom helpers in a wide variety of areas.
Invitations for helpers to assist in the school’s programs will be regularly made via the school’s newsletter, or through personal contact.
Classroom helpers will be briefed by the teacher in charge as to their roles and responsibilities prior to commencement. At the same time matters of supervision and safety will also be discussed.
All Classroom helpers will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement and wear an identifying name badge, which is collected at the office when you sign in.
For all other purposes, classroom helpers are volunteers and are to be treated in accordance with the school’s Volunteers Policy.
All Classroom helpers assisting in school programs must undergo a Working with Children Check [WWCC] and be registered in accordance with the current legislation. This registration must be current at the time of assisting in classrooms. It is free to apply for registration. A passport-sized photo is required for your application.